Norah is a character that appears in Child of Light. She is another sister from another dimension of Aurora who appears during her quest through Lemuria. Norah guides Aurora to a mirror that can lead them back home. She is the younger daughter of Aurora's stepmother.
"As family we overcome together any obstacle, now and forever.”
Major upgradeable skills
- Quicken (increases speed of one, and later all allies)
- Lull (reduces speed of one, and later all enemies)
- Charm Time (begin further on the timeline, starting at 20%, passive skill)
- Petrify (melee attack with a %-chance to paralyze an enemy for a few seconds)
- Unstoppable (makes an ally immune to being interrupted for a certain number of turns)
- Defend (reduces damage from attacks and increases speed on the timeline for the following turn)
Note: It is highly recommended to NOT upgrade any of her stats with Dust-items (e.g. HP-dust) for reasons to be revealed later on!
It is later revealed that her real name is Nox, the daughter of the Queen of the Night, and a secondary antagonist. She will also leave your party once this crescendo event is triggered which is why spending Stardust upgrades will be used for everything.
Sea Serpent's Kiss (takes two turns to execute, deals massive damage, water-elemental)
Maw of the Deep (quick and strong water-elemental melee attack)
Unstoppable (counterattack after being interrupted, protects all allies from interruption)
Tidal Wave (quick melee attack, water-elemental)
Boss' weakness: Lightning.
At the beginning of the fight, Nox will turn into a huge Water-Dragon with 2 tentacles (as "allies").
This and subsequent battles can be very easy depending on Gen's build. If she has Paralyze All then simply cast it to freeze all enemies on the screen. If not, revert to the next strategy:
For this fight, equip one heavy-hitting character with lightning-damage (Golem or Oengus) and have Finn learn his strongest "Lightning Strike (All)" spell. When using Oengus, have him use his "Taunt"-ability do draw all attacks (equipping him with a blue gem for water-protection might also be a good idea). Alternately you can also use Tristis with his "Unstoppable" spell so Finn can't be interrupted while casting.
Cast "Lightning Strike (All)", which is very strong against Nox' water-elemental nature. Use heavy-hitting (lightning-damage dealing) Oengus/Golem to deal more physical+lightning damage with Kategida Cleave (All) / Smash (All).
When using Tristis as a support character, also equip him with lightning-damage and make use of his "Tumble"-attack to interrupt Nox and her tentacles whenever possible.
The fight should not be too hard, since Nox and her tentacles have a VERY small set of attacks. If you also want to be on the safe side for the things to come, make sure to equip Aurora and Oengus with Light-damage (NOT lightning!). (see "spoiler" info below if you need)
FINAL BOSS SPOILER! => Since you will be fighting two bosses in a row, prepare your party for the encounter with Umbra BEFORE fighting Nox, i.e. equip at least 1 or 2 characters with Light-damage (Aurora and Oengus are recommended)! Umbra is weak to light, so make use of that weakness. Another option is to Flee from the Umbra fight immediatly after you enter.
- Nox is latin for night.
- Nox is as well the name for the goddess of night, the Roman counterpart to the the greek goddess Nyx.
- Unlike the residents of Lemuria, Norah, like Aurora, uses a 3D character model on the field and in battle. In fact, her battle model is a palette swap of adult Aurora.